- Ash Wednesday, March 1: The worship will be at Clay at 7:00
The evening will begin with a covered dish supper at 6:00. From that time together, we will move upstairs for worship. The confession will be a high light of this worship.
For the season of Lent, we will be focusing on the week before Jesus’ resurrection. Each week there will be a personal challenge of living the faith. If worshipers are able to complete the challenge, there will be an opportunity to put a ‘star’ on a board.
- March 5: Matthew 4: 1-11 is the scripture for the day and it shares the story of Jesus in the wilderness and being tempted. Meditation will be some of the focus of the worship. We will celebrate Communion on this day.
- March 12: This Sunday begins the story of Holy Week that will be the basis of our worship services in Lent. Matthew 21:1-17 is the story of the triumphal entry into Jerusalem that ends up with Jesus chasing the moneychangers out of the Temple.
- March 19: The scripture will be from 26: 1-13. This is the story of the woman pouring out the perfume on Jesus’ feet. It will be a story of making offerings. Envelopes will be available for One Great Hour of Sharing offering for UMCOR
- March 26: Matthew 26: 17-35 is the story of the Last Supper, and Peter’s commitment to never leave Jesus. How we share our commitment to Christ will be part of the worship.
- April 2: Matthew 26:36-46 is where Jesus goes to the Garden of Gethsemane, and prays. We will celebrate communion on this day. Prayer, including creating prayer cards will be part of this worship.
- April 9: The arrest, the trials, and the Crucifixion will be the focus of this worship. Matthew 26: 47-27:56 will be the scripture for the day.
- April 13: Holy Thursday worship.
- April 14: Good Friday worship.
- April 16: Easter!